Job Vacancy DetailsDATE POSTED: March 19, 2021
POSITION: GRADUATE GEOTECHNICAL / GEOENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: FEN DITTON, CAMBRIDGE
SALARY: Negotiable plus benefits
START DATE: As soon as a suitable candidate has been found
Harrison Group are one of the UK’s leading geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering firms, supporting a range of projects from single homes to major international developments and infrastructure schemes across the UK. Our services include:
- Site and ground investigation
- Contaminated land evaluation and remediation
- Soil, rock, water sampling and UKAS-accredited testing
- Geotechnical consulting
- Environmental monitoring, permitting and health impact assessment.
A graduate geotechnical / geoenvironmental engineer is required to join a vibrant and growing team of engineers. The Harrison Group geotechnical engineering division operating out of our Cambridge office, is required to work on a range of desk study and site investigation projects, predominantly across the Midlands and south of England.
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/geotechnical engineering or a related environmental subject (essential)
- MSc in a geotechnical/geotechnical engineering or environmental discipline (preferable, but not essential)
- Full, clean UK driving licence (essential)li>
- Be able to log samples to BS 5930+A2 technical standard
- A working knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
- The ability to interpret geological maps and published geological data
- A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, work well within a team environment and willing to be flexible to work nationally or internationally if the occasion arises
- Excellent written and oral skills.
The role requires a combination of site and office-based work, predominantly based around the organisation and reporting of geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations.
Harrison Group is a progressive employer offering an excellent remuneration package including: negotiated salary, profit share bonus scheme and paid membership to one relevant professional body, e.g. Geol. Soc., ICE, etc. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV to: email@example.com