Harrison Group Environmental specialises in site-specific assessment of risks to human health and water resources on brownfield sites.
This work supports land use planning and site clean-up; waste management strategies; emergency response; industrial exposure assessments and corporate environmental policies.
We use sampling data and computer modelling to quantify the level of exposure of receptor groups to develop remediation strategies. Risk assessment is carried out using a range of methodologies, modelling software and regulatory schemes, including:
- Contaminated land exposure assessment (CLEA) – UK
- Assessing risks posed by hazardous ground gases to buildings (CIRIA C665)
- Remedial targets methodology – hydrogeological risk assessment for land contamination (Environment Agency UK)
- Risk based corrective action (RBCA)
- Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (RAGS) – USA